Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

if you have the blue waffle desease is there a cure

Customer Question

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.

Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

I've been a doctor for a long time, I can't say I have ever heard of the 'Blue waffle disease' - can you describe this?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its online with all of the information your vagina has a blue coloring and it continuous smelly discharge flows from the vagina

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.

What does it smell like?

do you mean more grey?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

IDK this is what I was able ot find when I googled the information:

The term blue waffle from the past few months has been crowding the Internet extensively. Blue waffle is a type of vaginal infection that can make the vagina look similar to a grotesque blue, green and violet blueberry waffle. Though it is difficult to say who actually termed this vaginal infection as blue waffle, the only explanation for this is that since waffle is a slang term for vagina and the infection gives a bruise like discoloration to the infected area, it is termed as blue waffle infection. Let us know more about blue waffle in the following sections.

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.

Okay - I see what you are saying - this is slang - not medical terminology.

For you - what does the odor smell like - does it smell fishy?

Is the color of the discharge brownish/grey (hence appears a bit blue)?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No its not a fishy but its a strong odor and sometimes its brownish and sometimes is white yellowish
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Are you sexually active - ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
do you have odors more after sex?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
not really.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
What medications and/or pills do you take if any?
Do you have regular periods?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do have regular periods and No I am not taking and medication or pills
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
When did this all start?
What is your height and weight?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its been some time now I dont remember to be honest my weight is about 170 and height is 5'2 I am just so embarrased to go see a doctor about it because my vagina has a purple color.

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
So, is the skin colored purplish /bluish?
Do you feel tired a lot?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, and yes I am always tired and sleepy.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
I would highly RECOMMEND that you get evaluated by your ob/gyn -
You know I could say this is a possible infection - HOWEVER, I think this is more along the line of a possible metabolic condition such as a thyroid condition or even diabetes - and I would highly recommend making an appointment to have this evaluated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thanks!
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Just a possibility - but now I know what you were talking about 'blue waffle'....more purplish than blue.