Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate

I have a yeast infection, severe abdominal pain and tenderness,

Customer Question

I have a yeast infection, severe abdominal pain and tenderness, and excessive clear vaginal discharge..Any ideas? I have treated it with azo yeast, and the one day treatments.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Where exactly is this tenderness?
When is your period due?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The tenderness is right at the top of the panty line, like where a laparoscopy incision it placed. Right in the middle. It started out on each of my ovaries, and now is so tender to the touch. I am breastfeeding my 10 month old son so I haven't had a period since before I was pregnant with him. Now, It hurts to walk. I went to my ob/gyn today and sat in her office for over 2 hours while she saw several other people who showed up after me, so I finally left. It's like a sharp cramping and very very sore, my son can't even touch my stomache without it hurting. The yeast infection isn't as bad based on my vagina doesnt have the white cottage cheese type stuff inside of it any longer, however Im still itching something awful. Thank you so much for your help
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
Where is the itching?
Did you have a vaginal or c-section?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had 4 vaginal births, i'm 27, and its on the labia mostly.

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
Clear vaginal discharge is usually significant for a fallopian tube or ovarian problem such as a cyst - and this could explain the pain that you are having.
If there was vaginal itching then this might be a yeast infection - but you do not mention any itching.
I would recommend a pelvic exam and I would also recommend that you get a pelvic ultrasound to evaluate your ovaries.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is like a ton of discharge, like having to wipe 4 or 5 times? I am itching but not like inside of me, just on the outside, and there was mucus like cottage cheese inside my vagina, I used the monistat one day treatment and thats gone but I'm still itchy, and red.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
Oh, - this could be a yeast infection then and you might need to use the Monistat for a longer period of time, sometimes for 2 weeks daily usage.
And, you might need a prescription to Diflucan (fluconazole) - the yeast pill, or a prescription cream such as Terconazole.
But, I would still get your ovaries evaluated too.
I hope this helps, Please click on ACCEPT, thank you for your questions.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
.