Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate

i am 65 years old and i have a little bit of vaginal bleeding

i am 65 years old and i have a little bit of vaginal bleeding today. this is the first time after my menopause many years ago. what is the diagnosis.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
This could be many things - this could be vaginal atrophy - where your vaginal mucosa (the skin of the vagina is rubbing against each other and due to no estrogen, the skin is dry and can bleed).
This could also be a thyroid condition, this could be a polyp, and this could possibly be a cervical or uterine cancer - (and unlikely, but this should be evaluated).
So, you need a Pelvic exam, a Pelvic ultrasound, an Endometrial biopsy of the inside of your uterus, a PAP smear and a TSH thyroid blood test -
And, once that is all done, then you will be able to be treated once a diagnosis is known.
I hope this helps, PLease click on ACCEPT, thank you for your question.