khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

I had a hysterectomy about 8 years ago and am now bleeding

I had a hysterectomy about 8 years ago and am now bleeding - more like spotting. I am 43 years old. How concerned should I be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 years ago.
What is the reason you have the surgery?
Is it a partial hysterectomy or a total hysterectomy?
Were both ovaries removed?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Partial hysterectomy for fibroids and very heavy bleeding. About two months ago, I also had a lump inside my vagina. Sex was very painful. The lump seems to have gone away which has helped with sex, but it is still a bit painful. I have also had some vaginal itching and some brownish discharge that I thought might be due to a yeast infection, but I've been treated 3 times for that and it has not completely gone away. I've never had any of these kinds of problems until now.
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 years ago.
How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? If so, over what period of time?

Have you had a pelvic exam, PAP smear, and ultrasound?
Do you have problem adjusting to hot temperature? Tremor? Lateral loss of brows? Hair loss? Bowel problem? Sleep problem? Palpitations? Voice change?
Do you have excessive facial or body hair? Do you have thinning hair on the skull? Do you have acne increased?
Do you feel you are always thirsty and drink a lot of liquid? Do you go to the bathroom frequently? Is your appetite increased? Do you crave sweets?
Are you currently sexually active? If so, what contraceptive do you use?

Do you have hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, mood swings, loss of libido?

Do you have any other symptoms associated with your problem?
Are you aware of anything which might have brought this on?
Do you have any medical problems?
Any surgeries?
Are you taking any medications including OTC pills and herbs?
Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Currently sexually active. No contraceptives since I've had a hysterectomy. Not taking any medications other than occasional allergy medicine and vitamins. I do go to the bathroom VERY frequently. Some bowel problems recently but nothing major-slight diarrhea. I'm 5'4" and about 200 pounds. I have gained weight recently. Yes, I crave sweets. (Maybe those last two sentences are related.) Only other thing unusual is dizziness.

Expert:  khagihara replied 6 years ago.
There are some possibilities.
You should see a gyn to have a pelvic exam and ultrasound.