Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

I have a red lump inside my vaginal lip the the vagina and

Customer Question

I have a red lump inside my vaginal lip the the vagina and it is painful what can it be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
This is probably a bartholin gland duct cyst and this is basically a blocked duct for where you have normal discharge and a collection of fluid is causing this pain.
You can try to sit in warm / hot baths to massage it the duct open, but you might need to see your ob/gyn to open this for you - I would recommend seeing an ob/gyn, not a general practice doctor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think i have a yeast infection also. I got it just before my period ended. When the infection happened I had a wierd odor and yellow discharge super sticky and thick. My vagina itched a lot so I would continously itch the inside of my vagina. It seemed to get better with me cleansing more down there then the lump showed up. First it was small near the vaginal canal lip area now it has gotten bigger. What should I do?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
The odor is more of a bacterial vaginosis - BV - vice a yeast infection, but itching is more of a yeast infection vice a bacterial vaginosis - so I would recommend seeing your ob/gyn for not only the bartholin cyst, but also the BV versus the yeast infection.