Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

I do not understand my pelvic ultrasound report. I have PCOS. The

I do not understand my pelvic ultrasound report. I have PCOS.
The uterus is of normal size and shape with a mildly heterogwneous echotexture and a 1.3 cm left posterio fibroid. The uterus measures 7.5 cm x 3.7 cm x 4.3 cm. The endometrial stripe measures 7.1 mm. The endometrial stripe is hetergeneous with punctate echogenic foci but no discrete nodule. A similar pattern was present previously. The right ovary is not visualized. The left ovary measures 2.1 cm. Adjacent to the left ovary, there is a 2.3 cm x 0.9 cm x 2.0 cm cystic structure which suggests a left parovarian cyst versul loculated fluid or a possible obstructed fallopian tube. no evidence of solid adnexal mass or free fluid. There is minimal fluid within the endocervical canal.
I am 55 almost 56 they say I am in perimenopause.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
The uterus is normal.
The Stripe is a little large at 7.1mm, should be less than 4mm, but if you do NOT have any bleeding, then nothing is to be concerned about.
The right ovary not being visualized is quite normal in menopausal women.
The Left ovary is Normal, and a paraovarian cyst is normal.
So, botXXXXX XXXXXne, this is essentially a normal ultrasound.

I hope this helps, if you have more questions, please ask, and Please click on ACCEPT as this would be appreciated for my time and service to you, thank you very much.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Why no they want to repeat the ultrasound in 4 months
That is a great question - they probably want to ensure the paraovarian cyst goes away - they usually do.