Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

i have lower stomach pain, and had some thick white discharge

i have lower stomach pain, and had some thick white discharge a couple of days ago that was not itchy or smelly. could i be pregnant? or is there another reason
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Wilson :

Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

Dr. Wilson :

When is your period due?

Customer :

dont know

Customer :

i have problems with it

Customer :

i had a miscarriage on july 1

Customer :

then i didnt get my period after

Dr. Wilson :

So, you have not had a period since the 1st of July?

Customer :

correct

Dr. Wilson :

A thick white discharge could be a yeast infection, and it could also be a normal physiologically discharge - and this type of discharge is NOT usually associated with a pregnancy.

Dr. Wilson :

But, if you have been having uprotected sex since the miscarriage, I would recommend a pregnancy test to check

Customer :

i think its too early for the pregnancy test to determine my pregnancy if i was pregnant i had sex on 8/9 and a week after

Dr. Wilson :

No, if you had sex on the 9th of August, the earliest a pregnancy test would be positive would be on the 19th of August - and since it has been 15 days since you had sex - the test would be quite accurate - positive or negative.

Dr. Wilson :

I hope this helps, Please click on ACCEPT as this would be appreciated, if you have additional questions, please ask, thank you.

Customer :

and now im having this left side lower abdominal pain

Dr. Wilson :

I would do a pregnancy test - because pain on one side with a positive pregnancy test - this could be an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy and this needs to be evaluated today in the emergency room

Dr. Wilson :

If not pregnant, then most likely this is a possible ovarian cyst.

Customer :

how long can i wait before seeing a dr

Dr. Wilson :

Well - do a pregnancy test first - if it is positive, AND you are having severe pain, and on a scale the pain is about a 6 or more out of 10, then this is when you should be seen as soon as possible.

Dr. Wilson :

but, if the test is Negative, then you can wait until this week sometime.

Customer :

would a drug store pregnancy test be enough? or do i have to do a blood test?

Dr. Wilson :

Yes, these store bough pregnancy tests are actually the same tests that we as ob/gyn's use

Dr. Wilson :

And, there is no necessity at this point to do a blood test

Customer :

ok sounds good

Dr. Wilson :

Customer :

thank you for ur help

Dr. Wilson :

your welcome and please don't forget to click on ACCEPT as this would be appreciated, thank you