Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)

what would cause a vibrating sensations vaginal area

what would cause a "vibrating" sensations vaginal area, also feels swollen, painful to sit

The sensation of vibration occur when the muscles in that region undergo minor contractions called fasciculations - rather like the tic of an eye.

Fasciculations in the vaginal area usually occurs when the nerve carrying sensation from that area is pinched or affected in any way. Infection of the nerve can also cause the sensation.

The nerve supply comes from various nerves all of which originate from nerve fibres from the lower spinal cord. A spinal cord herniation or degeneration of the spinal bones is often associated with vibration of the muscles of the vaginal area.

Neuropathy due to diabetes or due to vitamin B deficiencies can also cause these sensations.

Please consult your doctor and ask to be examined to rule out or confirm any of these causes.

Meanwhile do slow stretching exercises. Taking multivitamin supplements containing Vitamin B1, B6 and B12 also helps.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.