Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

When the penis is being inserted into the vagina and it feels

Customer Question

When the penis is being inserted into the vagina and it feels like its pulling something and it hurts but after sex the outside of my vagina feels like its raw and hurts that normal?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Monika Hearne, M.D. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I would be happy to assist you. What is your age? Do you have any medical problems/take medications? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
18 and no to both
Thank you. This sensation is not normal and I would recommend you have an examination performed to be sure you do not have any vaginal infections that can cause the discomfort. A yeast infection can cause this sensation as well as a mild bacterial infection or a sexually transmitted infection. Your doctor will be able to check for this and notify you if any are the cause. If not, I recommend you try lubricants, like Astroglide to prevent excessive friction during intercourse. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask additional questions, if necessary. Best wishes.