Dr. Saul
Dr. Saul, Doctor
Experience:  I am a board certified, practicing obstetrician gynecologist with many years of clinical experience.

I have a itchy burning rash between the crack of my buttocks,tried

I have a itchy burning rash between the crack of my buttocks,tried cortizone and diaper cream,also corn starch powder. Its still there after a month what else can I do?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Saul replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question at It is my privilege to help you figure this out.

It is very likely that the rash is being exacerbated by yeast as this is very common. I would recommend trying some monistat cream (or other anti fungal cream) which is available over the counter. If this does not work, see your doctor. The hydrocortisone is a good idea for the itching, but it may not completely get rid of the rash until you treat the cause. the monistat should help with that.

I hope this answer was helpful to you. if it was, please remember to ACCEPT this question, so that I can get compensated for my work. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated if you feel that I deserve it. If you have any more questions, please ask, and I would love to continue to help you until you are satisfied. Good Luck! Dr. SaulJE