Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

The inside of my vagina feels as if it is swollen, almost swollen

Customer Question

The inside of my vagina feels as if it is swollen, almost swollen shut. Maybe it is a lump an not swollen.I cant insert my finger farther then a 1/2 inch into my vagina. IT hurts any time i put pressure on it (peeing, intercourse,etc.) But other then that there is nothing else wrong. No discharge no odors. Just very very painful inside my vagina. I have a doctors appointment at the free health clinic but im not sure exactly what to tell the obgyn
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
If this is swollen, then this could be a bartholin's gland duct cyst, or this could be an infection - but this is most likely a bartholin's and you can try sitting in a warm/ hot bath and this might help the fluid to be release. Also, if this does not help, then you might just need to have this opened and drained and you will feel much better.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I read up on the cyst you are speaking about and everything i read says it is a small lump...This is anything but small. It starts about an inch inside my vagina and seems to have engulf the whole inside of my vagina. Also it started out smaller and after each time i have intercourse it seems to get worse
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Actually, a Bartholin's cyst can be small - but most of the time by the time the get to me as an ob/gyn - they do get quite large and painful -
Basically a bartholin's cyst is a blocked duct, and hence the fluid that you need for vaginal intercourse is blocked, and this causes a cyst - and hence why an ob/gyn needs to possibly drain this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
HE says its a cyst but when i read up on the cyst it says that it makes your labia swell..WHich my labia is not swollen> I told him the only thing swollen was the inside of my vagina and i had no other symptons but pain when put pressure on my vagina
(intercourse, peeing,etc.)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Its a swollen feeling.....It almost feels like a huge lump.I cant insert my finger farther then a 1/2 inch to an inch into my vagina