Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Accomplished Physician and Educator

What causes a uterus to feel hard My doctor said mine was

What causes a uterus to feel hard? My doctor said mine was and I didn't even think to ask.
I do not go back for two weeks and curiosity is killing me.
Hello! My name isXXXXX and I will take the time to answer your question =)

In general, about the only thing that makes a uterus feel harder than normal is either a) a contraction or b) a tumor... NOW, before you get freaked out, an exam to feel the uterus is EXTREMELY subjective, so I don't know how much I would take away from someone saying something feels 'hard.'. Now if that feeling is combined with a uterus that feels to be 'stuck in place', that is a bit more worrisome... but overall, odds are very high that your 'hard' uterus is simply the way your uterus normally feels and is normal for YOU.

If you have any other questions or need clarification please ask. If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, please click the GREEN ACCEPT, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Best Wishes,

Dr. AJ