Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Accomplished Physician and Educator

Is it possible to delay your period for one week... My period

Is it possible to delay your period for one week... My period just started yesterday. I use the nuva ring as birth control... my next cycle should be around may 13 and i would like to delay until May 21 if possible

Hello! My name isXXXXX and I will take the time to answer your question =)

No guarantee this will work... but you can try to leave the Nuvaring in for one extra week (total of 4 weeks) then take it out.... OR replace it after three weeks with a NEW Nuvaring, then remove that after one week to get your period. By providing one week of extra hormones, this will hopefully delay your period by a week .

If you have any other questions or need clarification please ask. If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, please click the GREEN ACCEPT, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit for my time. BONUSES and/or FEEDBACK is most appreciated! Thank you!!

Best Wishes,

Dr. AJ