Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate

abdominal pain in the lower right side and bleeding after

abdominal pain in the lower right side and bleeding after sex
How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i used to have only pain for the last at least 5yrs..had stopped in between and now for the last 3 months its started again.My periods have also started getting longer every month....last month it was for 13 days
What is your height and weight?
Have you had children?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My height is 5.2 and my current weight is 154lbs...yes i do have a 3 yr old son
thank you for updating me.
This pain given you are young at 29 years of age, this could be an ovarian cyst (not cancer) - but this could be causing your pain - and many options exist to help ovarian cysts such as birth control pills, and the Mirena IUD. And, these options will also help your bleeding. Also, your bleeding could be abnormal cervical cells, but unlikely if you have a normal PAP, this could also be a thyroid problem and can be checked with a TSH thyroid blood test.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have been on thyroid meds for the last 9 yrs and never had such bleeding probs....My doc checked for ovarian cyst too and said I didnot have any.Also i recently had a PAP test and it came back normal....
Your doctor should check for a cyst with an ultrasound, not just a pelvic exam. In addtion, you should be evaluated for a cervical polyp, an endometrial polyp (inside the uterus), and if all returns normal, even a 're-check' of your thyroid, then this can be attributed to anovulatory bleeding - and therefore at this point birth control pills or a Mirena IUD might be your best option at this point.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can any of those increase the stomach size?
Usually an enlarged uterus, and if you have had children, you might have something called adenomyosis (this is not cancer, but causes a large uterus), or an ovarian cyst can make the abdomen large too. But, that would be about all there is considering your age.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your advice.i will consult my doc and ask for the above tests....
Your welcome.