Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Accomplished Physician and Educator
28424515

I developed a mole on the inside of my butt cheek about two

Customer Question

I developed a mole on the inside of my butt cheek about two years ago. This past January I went in for my annual pap and did all my blood tests. Everything came back great. A month an a half later (now) I have developed more moles (small moles) on my vagina. not in, but on the lips. I have had the same partner for 3 years and I am scared. What could this mean?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 years ago.
Tell me what it looks like. Shape? Color? Size?
Do you have any symptoms like pain, itching?
Do you have any vaginal discharge?
Do you have any other problems?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have no symptoms of itching, pain or discharge. The mole on my butt is the biggest. Not an abnormal color. The ones around my vagina are my skin color. not big but have popped up in the last 2 months. They are not hard and do not have any pain to them.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is this enough information?
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 years ago.
Do they have asymmetric shape?
Are the borders irregular?
Are there different colors in the mole?
Is the diameter larger than 6 mm?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
some are a little bigger than others but probably not more then 3mm.. so they are not very big at all. Color is skin color... so about a normal pale color. What do you mean about borders irregular? There are more on one side than the other if thats what you mean. The only one that is big like 6mm is the one on my butt.
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 years ago.
Irregular borders mean it may not be a good mole. Sound they are OK.
You don't need to be concerned about them. They are normal moles.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
they are normal even tho they around my vagina? Even tho they appear out of no where? should i be concerned about any other factors about them?
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 years ago.
The moles in the vagina have pale blue color like the mole on the butt. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The moles around my vagina are skin color, they arnt in my vagina. but they just appeared out of no where in the past two months. im more concerned about those than the mole on my butt. the mole on my butt is darker and bigger than the moles around my vagina. they dont itch, they dont hurt, i have looked up genital warts and they dont look like those but i am scared because i have about 6 around my vagina that came out of no where. what could they be?
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 years ago.
I was thinking they might be genital warts. I can't tell what they are without looking at them. You should see a gynecologist. Even thought they are genital warts, you don't need to worry about them too much.
According to the CDC, at least 50% of sexually active men and women will get a genital HPV infection at some point in their lives. Unfortunately, no treatment can kill the virus that causes the warts. Your doctor can remove the warts with laser therapy or by freezing or applying chemicals. Some prescription treatments are available for at home use. Surgery may be necessary for warts that are large or difficult to treat. Still, recurrence remains a problem. You may need to return to your doctor for more treatment.
In addition, you should have PAP smear every year because different types of HPV from genital warts causes abnormal cells of the cervix.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what else could they be? I have gotten a pap every year since i was 17 years old. I have never ever missed a pap. I have never had anything in my life let alone an STD. Is it possible they could be something else? I do want to add that they are not in clumps.. they are spread out. i dont have any kind of itching, or anything like that. Dont genital warts itch and have other symptoms/
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 years ago.
The type of HPV of genital warts is different. Genital warts doesn't always cause itching.
But I can't say they are genital warts without seeing them. You should see a gynecologist. S/he will diagnose it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thank you so much. One last thing, is this something that I need to be stressing about? Its a scary thing when I have never had anything and have always gone to my appointments.
Expert:  Dr. Zach replied 4 years ago.

Hello! My name isXXXXX and I will take the time to answer your question =)

I read the previous posts you had made and it does sound likely to me that you have genital warts. Genital warts are caused by the same virus (human papilloma virus) that causes warts all over the body. Specifically, strains 6 and 11 usually cause the genital warts. These are not the same strains of the virus that are considered "high risk" for cervical cancer. It sounds like you have done a great job keeping up with your healthcare, specifically your pap smears. I don't think that you need to be stressed out by your genital warts from a "will they cause cancer" perspective. Usually most people are stressed out by them simply because of their appearance. But don't worry-- there are treatment options! You can have them frozen off (usually done in office just like a dermatologist would freeze something), surgically removed, or you can use creams at home to remove them. As far as the mole on your bottom, I would recommend pointing it out to your gynecologist for a quick look at the time of your next appointment just to make sure it doesn't look worrisome (didn't sound worrisome from your description, but hard to say without looking myself). Take care and best of luck! Sorry you are having to deal with those pesky genital warts!

If you have any other questions or need clarification please ask. If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, please click the GREEN ACCEPT, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit for my time. BONUSES and/or FEEDBACK is most appreciated. Thank you!