Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Accomplished Physician and Educator
28424515

I feel fluttering sensation in my uterus and ovaries, but I

Customer Question

I feel fluttering sensation in my uterus and ovaries, but I am not pregnant. What could this be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Zach replied 4 years ago.

Hello! My name isXXXXX and I will take the time to answer your question =)

Are you on any birth control or hormone treatments? How long has this been going on for?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not take any type of birth control. I had a C-Section one year ago and it has been going on for nearly a year.
Expert:  Dr. Zach replied 4 years ago.
Any issues with constipation? Diarrhea? excess gas? Do you take a multivitamin?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I do have problems with constipation at times, but not recently. No excess gas and I do not take a multiviamin.
Expert:  Dr. Zach replied 4 years ago.

The top reasons for fluttering in the belly are constipation, gas, and muscle spasms secondary to a vitamin or mineral deficiency.. the last option is far less likely if you are taking the multivitamin... My best advice would be to try a stool softener (colace can be bought over the counter and works quite well) -- this by itself, after a couple of weeks, often resolves this issue so I would give it a go =)

If you have any other questions or need clarification please ask. If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, please click the GREEN ACCEPT, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What kind of mineral defficiency? My potassium was low when checked a few weeks ago. This feeling is nearly everyday in my uterus and left ovary especially.
Expert:  Dr. Zach replied 4 years ago.
Hypokalemia (or low potassium in the blood) is known to cause muscle cramps-- so it could be possible that it is causing you to have the sensation of a fluttering uterus and ovary. Potassium can be found in a lot of fruits (bananas are a great source), meets (beef/turkey), and juices (orange juice).