Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

CHOW CAN I GET PREGANT WITH A HIG URTUES

Customer Question

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Zach replied 4 years ago.
what is HIG ? Urtues = uterus?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

GIVE SOMETHINGS THAT I CAN TRY

Expert:  Dr. Zach replied 4 years ago.
Did you mean to say you have a 'high uterus'? I am unclear what this means exactly..

how long have you been trying to get pregnant?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS THEN WENT TO MY DOCTOR HAD SUGERY AND FOUND OUT THAT MY UTERUS SITS HIGH UP
Expert:  Dr. Zach replied 4 years ago.
I still am unsure what you are talking about... I will opt out to allow another expert to help

~ Dr. AJ
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
WHAT CAN I DO TO GET PREGANT WITH A HIGH UTERUS
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
What do you mean a 'High Uterus' - do you have fibroids?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO MY UTERUS IS JUST HIGH I NEED THINGS TO DO AT HOME TO HELP ME GET PREGANT
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
AJ and I are both Ob/Gyn and we are both trying to figure out what you mean by this - a high uterus does not mean anything - what did you doctor tell you?
If you are unable to get pregnant - then perhaps I can go through the process to help you - is that what you are looking for????
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

MY DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT I COULD GET PREGANT BUT IT WOULD BE VERY HARD BECAUSE MY UTERUS SITS SO HIGH HELP ME PLEASE

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
A HIGH uterus does NOT prevent you or make it difficult to get pregnant - this is a misnomer. Now, if you have a retroverted uterus - the uterus itself is NOT preventing you from getting pregnant - you might have scar tissue within the pelvis and abdomen and this MIGHT mean that your fallopian tubes are blocked.
So, I would suggest a HSG - HysteroSalpingoGram to see if your fallopian tubes are blocked.
Also, you need a pelvic ultrasound - because if you have fibroids - it would be nice to know about this too.
And, then I would check a few labs such as TSH (thyroid) and a prolactin level.
I hope this helps, Please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ALL OF THA THAS BEEN DONE NOTHING IS BLOCKED ALL LEVELS ARE GOOD NOTHING WRONG WITH MY THYROID SO WHAT NOW GIVE ME SOME THING I CAN DO BESIDES STANDING ON MY HEAD AFTER SEX
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
thank you for telling me that - but I think you don't understand - a HIGH Uterus has nothing to do with getting pregnant - there are many other reasons for not getting pregnant such as luteal phase defects, polyps, adhesions, fibroids (submucosal), among many other reasons.
So, initially you might want to try Ovulation Induction with Clomid and using IUI (intrauterine insemination) and IUI is basically a direct sperm injection into your uterus and this is very inexpensive (about $150) per round, plus the cost of the clomid.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK THANKS ALOT HOW CAN FINE A DOCTOR IN MY AREA THAT DOSE THEM
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Where are you located?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ATLANTA,GEORGIA WHAT WAS THE NAME OF WHAT YOU SAID I COULD DO
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Since you are in a Major city in the US you have plenty of options - and you can find plenty of Ob/Gyn's who do this - and you can go to the American Congress of Ob/Gyn website : www.acog.org and look at the top of the page and you will see 'Find an Ob/Gyn' and then just put your geographic area in or even zip code and you will find many ob/gyn's who can do this.
You should have a prescription to clomid and an IUI -
Please click on ACCEPT and if you have additional questions, please ask, thank you.