Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

can you cure this vulvovaginitis with all natural home remedies

can you cure this vulvovaginitis with all natural home remedies and no antibiotic use
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
This depends on what is causing the vulvovaginitis - but you can try a few things:
Vagisil, RepHresh, or Boric acid vaginal suppositories.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am thinking that its from soap and tight fitting clothes...I went to the DR .yeterday and was swabbed and cultured..I was diagnosed with yeast infection and vulvovaginosis...I wsa perscribed flagyl and terozole 7...i did not fill them...there are 2 many side effects..so I want to use a natural approach but wonder if it will cure me...I read that vinegar, raw garlic and pain yogurt is a natural cure..you are suppose to douche in vingegar or take orally 3 x a day and yogurt is suppose to be inserted into the vagina, and garic taken either by mouth or by insertion into the vagina
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
It is impossible to have yeast and bacterial vaginosis (BV) together and I'm wondering if your doctor even knows that. The products I suggested are about as natural as they come - I have heard of some women doing what you are suggesting - but I have never seen it actually work. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that you need your pH acid base balanced - and these products will do this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay so ho do you balance your ph?so you can not have both at the same time???my diagnosis code is 616.10 = vaginitisis and vulvovaginitis....what products are you speaking over? do they cure the bacteria with out an antibiotic?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
The products I suggested - Vagisil or RepHresh can help you with this.
The bacteria is not to be cured - this is just an over growth of the 'normal' bacteria that resides in your vagina.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
oh ..i think i see.....so if I use one of them two it will clear up the problem with out antibiotics? so bacteria is not like strep throat it just an overgrowth? so -how will I know if Im cured? Im not itchy nor smelly just sore and have a discharge.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
There is no guarantee that this will clear the problem, but it should help.
The bacteria is NOT like strep throat - your vagina has a flora - which is also known as normal bacteria - but it can overgrown in alkaline pH - so this can be helped. Basically, if you are not having any symptoms such as odor, discharge, pain, or itching, then you might not need anything. Many times I see women who get 'over-diagnosed' for something that they do NOT even have.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
she said i was red and swollen with a whitish discharge...i looked up vagisil, and that says its a numbing medicine..how will that help
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
It is not just a numbing medication - this helps with pH balance too.
If you are red, swollen and with a white discharge - this is consistent with a yeast infection - and for this you need an anti-yeast product such as Monistat (miconazole), Vagistat (tioconazole) or clotimazole - if these do not work, you might need a prescription product because this might be Candida glabrata vice Candida albicans.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what exactly is that? Candida glabrata vice CANDIDA ALBIACANS? IS THAT SERIOUS AND DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH?

HAVE YOU EVER HEASRD OF TAKING ONE ORAL MEDICATION AND A VAGINASL CREAM TOGETHER FOR TREATMENT

SUPPOSE I USE THE YEAST MEDICINE AND IT DOESNT WORK WILL I GET PHYSICALLY SICK

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Candida is yeast - but what I gave you were 2 of the different species of yeast - there are over a 100 different species of yeast. It is NOT serious - but commonly seen and diagnosed - you as a woman usually hear only yeast, the real name is Candida.
Yes, you can take both oral pills and vagisil together. But, yeast pills (diflucan) is a medication that treats difficult yeast infections.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I believe that I am going to try the garlic pills and the yogurt douches and probiotic pills ...these are all homeopathic remedies and have been proven to work so if all else fails then i can go back to the dr for a perscription. thank you for crash course 1on 1

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Please click on ACCEPT since I spent a long time with you, thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: appreciate time spent , but thought that the last response was pretty rude..."since i spent alot of time with you except answer....we are paying for what we get until we are satisfied.....
appreciate time spent , but thought that the last response was pretty rude..."since i spent alot of time with you except answer....we are paying for what we get until we are satisfied....
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
you got a lot of my time and effort - seems pretty unfair that you got all this information for free.
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate