Dr.Ashwini Joshi
Dr.Ashwini Joshi, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Consulting Obstretician & Gynecologist
28774514

My pee hole hurts, but I went to the doctor said I didnt have

My pee hole hurts, but I went to the doctor said I didn't have infection. But it still hurts
when I pee. What else could I do? I am not sexually active. I am 75 yrs old and am a
diabetic.
Please help!
Delores
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.Ashwini Joshi replied 6 years ago.

You are probably having an age related estrogen deficiency causing easy injury to genital and urethral epithelium(lining)

My advise to you would be to continue drinking water,try barley water and take that pyridium.

Also you can ask your doctor for local estrogen cream so that the epithelium becomes healthy.

I think your Doctor must have already done a urine test but maybe not done a culture,so you can might as well get it done.

On more thing you can try applying a local anesthetic cream like lignocaine so that the hurt goes away.

I hope this helps you, feel free to ask any questions.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I received answer, but lost page before I got to read it.

No problem will send it to you again.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Where do I gget the barley water? And also is the lignocaine caream a prescription?

Thank you. You have really helped me lots.

I am glad I could help you.

The barley water is usually available in a departmental store but you can prepare it at home by soaking barley overnight and drinking the water next day.

Also you could get the ligocaine over the counter as it is just a local cream.

Take care.

Edited by Dr.Ashwini Joshi on 2/20/2010 at 6:29 AM EST