Dr.Ashwini Joshi
Dr.Ashwini Joshi, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Consulting Obstretician & Gynecologist
28774514

I have a large lump inside my vaginal wall It feels like

I have a large lump inside my vaginal wall??? It feels like it is protruding sometimes. It appears to be growing kinda fast. I just went in for a papsmear and went to a new Dr. she seemed a little confused and asked me to come back for an ultrasound???But did not really say anything - just possibly fibroids?? what are fibroids?? It did not seem like it was there before???(or I had NOT noticed it at all before I went in) only the next day??? What could this be and should I call to go in before my scheduled ultrasound (in about 2 weeks)?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.Ashwini Joshi replied 4 years ago.

A prolapse of a vaginal wall could have been easily diagnosed by your Doctor,so it must be something different like a fibroid/polyp of the endocervix filing your vagina.

And it must be having a pedicle so you must be feeling it protruding outside.

That must be why your Doctor's asked an ultrasound to see the exact origin.

Also a polyp/fibroid can grow fast but you would have had some menstrual complaints.

So it must be all the more confusing for your Doctor.

It would be fair enough to go in before your scheduled Ultrasound to take an opinion about the nature of this swelling as it has been rapid in growth.

To answer your questions about fibroids,they are benign tumors of the uterus and known to grow almost anywhere in the vicinity of the uterus.Usually they cause symptoms like excess bleeding or pressure symptoms.

I hope I am clear.Please be free to ask any questions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you think it could be a cyst??? Possibly caused from the exam... one report stated this?

It could be a cyst too but cannot be possibly caused by a examination.

Yes it can be an inclusion cyst caused by TRAUMA but rarely by an examination.

Dr.Ashwini Joshi, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Consulting Obstretician & Gynecologist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there has been NO OTHER trauma??? I only noticed it like a week after my exam??? It is too much of a coincidence in my opinion???