Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

I have dry mouth.shortness of breath,excessive thirst, feels

I have dry mouth.shortness of breath,excessive thirst, feels like my heart is racing and yet my extremeties feel like lead I also have to urinate several times during the nigh. Is this menapauce or something else
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
These are not normal menopausal symptoms - this sounds like a possible thyroid problem or anxiety - and I would recommend getting evaluated by a medical doctor - you could have diabetes for example as many of the symptoms you have lead towards that diagnosis.
If you have additional questions, please ask and Please click on ACCEPT, thank you for your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I also lost 10 pounds in under 2 weeks and am know 95 pounds that doesn't fit with diabetes and I know it is not anxiety. could there be kidney problems as this started with a UTI
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Wait, you lost 10% of your body weight in 2 weeks? - Was this done on purpose?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Are you eating?
Are you having fevers?
Are you taking any medications?
Are you having diarrhea or any bowel movements?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello
I have been eating small meals every 2-3 hours to try to add weight
No fevers, I don't take any medication, my bowel movements are 1-2 times per day no diarrhea
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Since you have all of these symptoms - I really think you need to be evaluated by a medical doctor - the weight loss of 10 lbs in 2 weeks, and not done on purpose is very concerning - and given your other symptoms you really should be looked at to rule out cancers and lymphomas. The urinary symptoms could be an indicator of something else is going on - but you need to have a full physical exam and blood work performed. If you have additional questions, please do ask.