Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

something is coming out of my vagina, i can push it back in

something is coming out of my vagina, i can push it back in with two fingers and immmediately it comes back out, part of my body. protruding, could this be part of my uterus? what should i do?
Hello, I would be happy to assist. You may have relaxation of your pelvic organs which can cause protrusion of your bladder, rectum, or uterus through your vagina. If what you are feeling is soft, it is likely either your bladder or rectum. If what you feel is firm, it is likely your uterus. This is a common problem as we get older and can be treated either surgically or with a device called a pessary. Given your recent heart attack, a pessary is likely to be tried first. This device is inserted into your vagina and provides support to your uterus, vagina, bladder. It can removed for cleaning monthly. I recommend you see an ob/gyn for evaluation. The irregular periods are normal as you approach menopause. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask additional information if necessary. Best wishes.