Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Accomplished Physician and Educator
28424515

I have a growth between my vagina and anus it hangs down a

I have a growth between my vagina and anus it hangs down a bit. It is there about 2weeks now and not spreading or getting any bigger but Im just wondering what it is?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Zach replied 6 years ago.
- I would be happy to assist

roughly how big is it?

Do you have any issues with constipation?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
about an half of an inch and no no constipation
Expert:  Dr. Zach replied 6 years ago.
Is it soft and squishy or hard? what color is it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it is soft and squishy and fleshtone/little pink
Expert:  Dr. Zach replied 6 years ago.
Are you having any changes in urination? (frequency, pain, do you experience dribbling sometimes), Have you had children before? Does the growth look kind of like flesh colored cauliflower?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

no no changes in urination, no no children, and no like a like extra skin just like lil thicker by body and then gets narrower

Expert:  Dr. Zach replied 6 years ago.

Hmmm. . .without seeing it I can't be 100% sure but I can give you some suggestions as to what it might be--

1. It could be a skin tag (can be easily removed)

2. If it is closer to your anal area it could be a hemorrhoid (if it is itchy or bothersome to you a treatment called Annusol which can be bought over the counter might help as well as soaking in warm water)

3. It could be genital warts caused by the virus HPV (human papilloma virus)-- the same virus that causes body warts. You can see your doctor to have various treatments done to remove this (some can even be done at home)

Those are just some of the ideas I had by the way you described it. . .

If I have adequately answered your question, please click accept for my time. Take care and I hope I helped put your mind at ease a bit!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX think it is anything serious?
Expert:  Dr. Zach replied 6 years ago.
I can't say for sure without looking at it. . .but based on the way you described it, it sounds small and like it is likely just a skin tag or a genital wart. If your doctor can't easily tell what it is just by looking at it, he or she can always send it off to the pathologist for review to make sure it isn't anything serious :) Take care!