khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.

Hi, I have had lower abdominal pain (above pubic line, but

I have had lower abdominal pain (above pubic line, but below naval and is on both sides) with bloating and it feels a bit hard for 4 days. The pain is dull but enough that i am in discomfort and if i touch my abdomin its very tender. Having sex agrovates it when it is deeper. I have been eating a very high fatty diet with lots of soft drink over the past week, xmas etc? I have felt this type of pain before but it is more like aftre i have been at work and i think that is wind build up and this dissapears the next morning but the feeling is similar. I am 28 with 3 children, i have no pain when i go to the toilet, but i haven't emptied my bowl very regularly in the past week.

Any insight would be apprecaited, i am intending to see my gp esarly this week.

Thank you!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 years ago.
I need to ask some questions to understand your condition.
When was the first day of your last period?
Do you have a severe pain during the period?
Any vaginal discharge?
Which is more painful when you press in or let go?
Do you have a fever?
Do you have any surgeries?
Who are your sexual partners? Do you use condoms consistently?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My first day of my last period was saturday the 19/12/09, no vaginal discharge that isn't normal, no severe pain during my period. It is more painful when i press though i have a constant dull to meduim pain that is a little like a burning, but a mikld burning, its just a constant throb but its the whold lower band of my abdomin, one whole block, no spot worst than the other. No fever, no recent surgeries and i only have 1 sexual partner which is my husband of 8 years. I have come off the pill about 7 weeks ago and we use condoms around my ovulation time. The last surgery i had was my last child which was a ceasearan.

Expert:  khagihara replied 6 years ago.
Sorry I have more questions.
Is your period getting heavier?
What is the reason you came off the pill about 7 weeks ago?
When you had a bowel movement, did your pain decrease?
Do you have any urinary problems?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I did notice that my peroid got slightly heavier last time but not really heavy or anything. I came off the pill because it decreases my sex drive and gives me headaches. I have not had a bowel movement in the last few days but no, last time it didn't make much difference. I don't have any urinary problems at present but i do suffer from UTI's from time to time.

Expert:  khagihara replied 6 years ago.
You wrote like this before.
>I have felt this type of pain before but it is more like aftre i have been at work and i think that is wind build up and this dissapears the next morning but the feeling is similar.<
Do you have the folowing problems? You told me you have a headache and your sex drive decreases.
  • Anxiety or depression.
  • Fatigue.
  • Headache.
  • Unpleasant taste in the mouth.
  • Backache.
  • Sleeping problems (insomnia).
  • Sexual problems, such as pain during sex or reduced sexual desire.
  • Heart palpitations
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sometime a little anxiety but nothing more than the average person. Yes fatigue, but i am a mum of 3 yound chikdren and i run my own business so that would be expected. Headache at times which i know if from lack of water and stress. I do have backache but this is becaues i have a bulging disc. No sexual problems since coming off tghe pill at all, the opposite actually. No sleeping problems and no heart palpitations. I have noticed today the pain in my abdomin has reduced, not totally but its less, but i have been urinating more frequently but i also have been drinking alot more fluids.
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 years ago.
It might be irritable bowel syndrome which is affecting 50 million Americans. It is complex disease causing belly pain, cramping or bloating, and diarrhea or constipation. It doesn't cause more serious diseases. Not exact causes are known.Certain foods, stress, hormonal changes, and some antibitotics may trigger pain and other symptoms I mentioned before. The treatment usually includes making changes in your diet and lifestyle, such as avoiding foods that trigger your symptoms, getting regular exercise, and managing your stress. Your diet during holiday season might have triggered your symptoms. If they don't work, see your doctor and prescribe medications for pain, or constipation.
But other possibilies as well. You should see a GI doctor.