Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

i have lower abdominal pain on my left side and causes lower

i have lower abdominal pain on my left side and causes lower back pain. if i walk around to much it feels like everything is gonna fall out...it all starts on my left side..last night i was really bad in pain felt like what ever it is got larger and was gonna explode...and it feels like i have fluid in my lower back area.i have never had a back injury. what ever is going on in my left side is causing all of this.. been to a dr. cant seem to figure it out without costing alot of money...
What type of doctor have you been to?
Have you been pregnant? And, if so, what type of deliery - c-section/vaginal?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
family doctor
How about the pregnancies???
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i have had 2 pregnancies vaginal..my children are now 23 and 18
I would recommend seeing an ob/gyn - why - you probably have what is known as POP - Pelvic Organ Prolapse - this occurs from your uterus and other pelvic organ pressure causing your cervix/uterus 'prolapse' through and into the vagina. Also, your bladder can prolapse through and this is called a cystocele, and your rectum can also fall through the vagina and this is called a rectocele. There are many non-surgical things you can do such as kegel exercises, physical therapy and even using a pessary. There are also surgical procedures that you can do too. Your ob/gyn will do a complete pelvic exam to find out exactly what is going on. PLus, your doctor might do cystometrics to check your bladder out along with a urinanalysis and a urine culture.
I hope this helps, please click on ACCEPT and thank you for your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what is a pessary?
A pessoary is an object that comes in various shapes such as a cube, a donut, or 20 other different sizes and shapes and this is placed in the vagina to hold your bladder and other organs 'up'. I hope this helps and if satisfied, please click on ACCEPT. Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
cant they tell if i have pop through the cat scan? that my organs have fallen and which ones?
Scans such as ultrasound, MRI, or CT scan (cat scan) will NOT help - you need a physical/ pelvic exam by an ob/gyn.