Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate

I have some black spots in my vaginal area. The nurse practitioner

I have some black spots in my vaginal area. The nurse practitioner who did a pelvic exam today said she had never seen any thing like it. She is setting me up with an appointment. But that could be difficult with the holidays and I am very concerned
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Please tell me about these black spots - about how many, how big (size in mm, cm or inches), are they flat, raised, and are they purely black??? And where are they located - on the labia (minor or major) or in the vagina itself? Any history of abnormal PAPs?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
They are located in the vagina itself. There probly 10 or 15 areas less than a mm they seem to be raised. Yes I have had some abnormal paps but last years was fine.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Most likely these spots given their size are nothing more than normal 'moles' - and yes as an Ob/Gyn I see these ALL the time. I however recommend getting an ob/gyn to evaluate this and to possibly to a biopsy of 1 or 2 of them just to be sure they are not a melonoma which is a possibility - but usually melonoma of the vagina presents differently, not with 10 to 15 mm sized lesions. I hope this helps, please take care and please click on ACCEPT as this would be appreciated, Thank you for your question.