Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

I have been spotting only when I pee for 2 days now. Wearing

I have been spotting only when I pee for 2 days now. Wearing a panty liner and it barely any period. Yesterday would have been my 30 day montly. I am trying to get pregnant. Last night finished a 14 day progestron injection. Am I pregnant? Is this the medicine causing the spotting? Why am I spotting only when I pee? Could there be an issue with my bladder?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Progesterone will cause you to spot after you finish it or soon after starting the progesterone. Also, the only way to tell if you are pregnant early on is with a pregnancy test. Very unlikely it is your bladder, but I would suggest getting a urinanalysis to make sure you do not have a urinary tract infection.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What would be considered a period? Would spotting be considered? Should it be heavy bleeding?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Technically a period is any time you have a bleeding episode after not bleeding for a period of time (that could be 1 to 35 days). Spotting can be considered a period too - and that problem is where in your cycle are you ovulating and using a home ovulation test kit can help you with this too.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is it too early to take a pregnancy test? Will it be a false test because I am spotting?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
This depends - if it has been at least 10 days since intercourse since you think you got pregnant - then you can try a pregnancy test. A pregnancy test can be positive as soon as 10 days after ovulation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had a positive ovulation 17 days ago. I guess it is past time for a pregnancy test. I heard that it is best to take the test first thing in the morning. Is this true or taking it at any time is ok?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Yes, please do the pregnancy test. Actually, I know the package says that, but you can do the test at any time in the day - it really does not matter. I hope this helps, please take care and thank you for the question.
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate