khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.

raw vagina lips - itchy outside - not inside - what could this

raw vagina lips - itchy outside - not inside - what could this be - I've tried vagisil cream (didn't help)- bought a cream online for women over menopause - didnt help. What can I do?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 years ago.
I understand your concern.
When did it start? Is it getting worse? Are you aware of anything which might have brought this on?
Do you have any vaginal discharge?
What is the active ingredients in vaginal cream and cream for menopausal women?
Any skin or skin color change in your vaginal lips?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

ingredients in cream I'm using are as follows:

Deionized water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Aloe Vera Juice, Progesterone, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Estriol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Cholecalciferol, Proprietary Herbal Blend of Chamomile, Comfrey and Golden Seal (use 1/4 teaspoon the first week) I'm more red and painful more than before. No pain when urinating though. The cream is called EMP Essential Moisture Plus Cream - A Sale Alternative Moisture Cream for Women and for Women's Itchy Dry Skin.

I wake up a lot during sleep to itch - but I can't itch because I'm so raw. And, it embarasses me to go to the doctor with this condition.

I've had the itchy dry problem for about 6 months. I believe I needed some sore of cream because of going through menopause early - had a partial hysterectomy at 39 years old - removed the vagina due to PMS problems.

Now it pains me when I sit down because of the irritated vagina lip problem.

No vagina discharge I'm 62 years old

Expert:  khagihara replied 6 years ago.
The cream contain female hormones because of menopausal women. But it doesn't have antibiotics for bacteria and medications for yeast. You should try vaginal cream for bacteria or yeast. You don't have any skin change. It might exclude precancer or vaginal cancer. You need not be embarassed because doctors' work is to help patients. See a doctor if it is bacteria, yeast infection, or something else.