Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

Im 32 and about 9 years ago, my labia minora started growing.

I'm 32 and about 9 years ago, my labia minora started growing. At first it was just a little and not noticable. About a year ago the left labia minora started to grow outside the labia majora. The right side is also still increasing in size. This is uncomfortable because it rubs on my underware and I'm afraid they won't stop growing, even if I have something done to them.
Sometimes this happens, but dysplasia, cancer, or an infection should be ruled out by your ob/gyn. There is a procedure called a labioplasty that can be done to correct this.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have researched this and most people experience the growth of the labia minora during puberty. I was much older then this happened. Outside of Yeast infections, which seem to causes cysts that can become large, the skin looks the same, just less elastic. I want to know that if I do labiaplasty that they won't still continue to grow where I would need to have it done again. Is there anything less invasive I can do?
Once the labioplasty is performed, it should not grow again. But, you might have a reason as to why this is growing - and besides what I mentioned above, sometimes hormones such as excess estrogen might be allowing this to happen. Most ob/gyn's do not treat with labioplasty, because a reason is usually found - most of the time it is usually an infection.