Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I started having severe burning and itching inside vagina for

I started having severe burning and itching inside vagina for 4 months all std test came back normal except my pap came back as severe dysplasisa hiv test and all is negative i'm 14 weeks pregnant and flipping out i feel no one wants to help me please i'm scared and nervous
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 4 years ago.

It is likely that you are suffering from a combination of both yeast and fungal infection. And the bacteria infeciton is preventin the yeast medicine from working.

Please consult your doctor and ask for a vaginal swab to be taken for a culture in a lab. Meanwhile, please take the following steps at home:

- Take a warm hip bath. This means that you need to get a large bowl, large enough for you to sit in. Half fill it with warm water and add 3 capfulls of Betadine solution (available OTC). Sit in this solution 2 times a day.

- Use a Monistat combo pack for any fungal infeciton.

- Take Tylenol 500mg(OTC) twice daily after food for 5 days to decrease any inflammation and infection.

- Take 200mg of yogurt daily or acidophillus tablets available OTC. Yogurt is better.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
they have done these tests and everything comes back normal am i going to be ok , i'm really scared this burning is everyday
If the tests are normal, then the burning is probably due to repeated yeast infection. Please do not worry - you will be all right. Try a anti-yeast treatment again. Apply a cold pack to the vulva to control the burning.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know i seem like a worry wart just hopeing this isn't caused by the severe dysplasia i opted for a new obgyn today because the one i have dosent seem to have time to answer my questions and i'm really worried because let a person live with this pain everday and cant enjoy everday life or sex its just awful and the 7 day treatment seem to burn me down there even worse but i am using it again and today i had a yellow disharge come out and when i wiped so i hope this is my body ridding me of this but I do want to thank you for all your help you have took more time to answer my questions than any doctor i have seen because this started a month before i got pregnant and every says i'm a puzzle you seem to listen and seem to be a good doctor thank you so much

No, severe dysplasia will not cause itching and burning.

If you have ayellow discharge , then you do have a bacterila infeciton, even if the previous test was negative for infecitons. And possibly the bacterial infeciton is causing the burning and discomfort.

You will need a repeat swab test. And antibiotics to control the infection.

I am sure that the new Obgyn will get a swab test and hopefully you should start feeling better soon,

I hope this helps.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience: MD (Obst&Gynecology)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I want to thank you for everything you have made me feel like someone really cares ..YOU seem to be a good doctor and i would recommend you to anyone that has any obgyn questions you seem to have patients and care how your patients feel..thank you for everything