Dr.JBB, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  15 yrs experience in Women's Health, Pelvic reconstruction and Incontinence

I am having some light bleeding. Only when I I wipe, none is

Customer Question

I am having some light bleeding. Only when I I wipe, none is actually getting on my underwear. 2 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant, I took 7 HPT's , 2 of those were the Clearblue with conception indicator. It told me I was 2-3 weeks. Today, with the light bleeding, and loss of sore breasts, I went and bought another one. This time it says 1-2 weeks... is this a sign that my HCG level is down and having a miscarriage?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.JBB replied 6 years ago.
Those tests are not accurate enough to assume your HCG is falling. The light bleeding is concerning though. You need to see you doctor tomorrow and have an HCG level and progesterone level checked. The HCG should double every 48 hours in a normal pregnancy. The progesterone should ideally be above 15. Good Luck.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks Doctor.

I was thinking that I should head up to the Emergency room to get checked out, but with the H1N1 going around I hate the thought of sitting up there with all that around me. I'm very nervous and haven't stopped crying. I know i'm probaly not making things better by stressing out but this is my first pregnancy and I want to make sure my baby is ok.

Expert:  Dr.JBB replied 6 years ago.
The ER will not be able to tell you much at this time. I would wait till tomorrow and see your doctor. H1N1 exposure could be worse than the bleeding.