Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

I think I may have something wrong by my anus. There is no

I think I may have something wrong by my anus. There is no pain or irritation, however, I noticed what feels like a bubble right over my butthole. It is the same color as my skin but I'm just wondering, Is this normal?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 7 years ago.
You probably have a hemorrhoid, although they usually tend to be somewhat painful. A hemorrhoid is a swelling of the veins at the anus, and is very common. You can see a picture of one here and read more information. They often arise from constipation, diarrhea, or straining at bowel movements. They will usually resolve with avoiding straining or constipation and not sitting long on the toilet. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I didn't just notice this recently though, its been there for a couple months i believe but it never irritated me or anything so i havent done anything about it. its not large it just looks like something is hanging out of my anus. i read up on it prior to the website you gave me but it is not next to the anus its acutally loike in it

Hemorrhoids can be external or internal. The picture I led you to is an external hemorrhoid. It sounds like what you have is an internal hemorrhoid, so it's arising on the inside and coming out through your anus. That helps explain why there's no pain, since the internal ones don't have nerve fibers and don't cause pain. Some people have hemorrhoids that never go away. Keeping the pressure down there decreased will help, by the things I mentioned, plus by lying down for 5 minutes after a bowel movement. Most likely it sticks out the most just after a bowel movement. If it gets bothersome, see a surgeon. They can often be gotten rid of by putting a band around it in the office.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so should i see a doctor to help me get rid of it or just let it go away on its own, although its been there for over two months probably
I would probably see a doctor to confirm the diagnosis and help in getting rid of it, since it's been there for 2 months. He/she can discuss further things like bowel habits, etc., and sometimes will recommend metamucil or something like that. Since it hasn't gone away in 2 months, it may not without some help or some changes.