OB/GYN, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  medical graduate

what does thick white discharge with no foul smell mean

Customer Question

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  OB/GYN replied 7 years ago.
You mean from the genital area?

Edited by SHARIQ RIAZ on 10/11/2009 at 6:49 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  OB/GYN replied 7 years ago.
It could be leucocorrhea. It denotes a thick, whitish vaginal discharge. It is a natural defense mechanism the vagina uses to maintain its chemical balance, as well as to preserve the flexibility of the vaginal tissue. It may also result from inflammation or congestion of the vaginal mucosa. A clear to whitish discharge from the vagina is normal. It is actually a way by which your body gets rid of bacteria and dead cells in your vagina and keeps it clean and healthy. The amount of vaginal discharge varies depending on the phase of your menstrual cycle. However, if you notice vaginal discharge that is unusual in color or odor, it may be advisable to consult your gynaecologist. Itching and burning in the vagina or blood-stained discharge could indicate an infection or disease of the reproductive organs which I belive, you do not have. So, you need not worry. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.