Dr.JBB, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  15 yrs experience in Women's Health, Pelvic reconstruction and Incontinence

i have lower abdominal pain above my pubic bone on the left

i have lower abdominal pain above my pubic bone on the left side it's tender to touch and throbs like a toothache
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.JBB replied 7 years ago.

There are a number of things that could be causing your pain but the fact that it feels like it did when you had a cyst would make me lean toward that first. The pain with intercourse would lead me to believe this is a gynecologic problem as well. Your OB-GYN should be able to tell if it is a cyst or not and will probably do an ultrasound as well. That is where I would start. Good Luck.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So you think i should go to the female doctor, right
Expert:  Dr.JBB replied 7 years ago.
Correct, your gynecologist should be able to tell you what is going on and if it is not female in nature, they can refer you to the appropriate specialist.