Dr.JBB, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  15 yrs experience in Women's Health, Pelvic reconstruction and Incontinence

what can a woman do to help enlarge the clitoris would applying

Customer Question

what can a woman do to help enlarge the clitoris? would applying testosterone cream directly to clitoris accomplish or help this?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.JBB replied 7 years ago.
Why do you feel that your clitoris needs to be enlarged?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I had a total hysterectomy 19 yrs ago. I was told not to take hormone replacement therapy due to endometerosis. Due to this I have shrinkage a small clitoris and have noticed it seems to be much more difficult to have climax. I have read in some studies applying the male hormone testosterone directly to the clitoris can infact help enlarge the clitoris. Is this true. If so, this would make the clitoris larger and protrude more which I think would create contact with my husbands penis during intercourse and get things going again. What study's have you found on this treatment?
Expert:  Dr.JBB replied 7 years ago.

An enlarged clitoris is a known side effect of increased testosterone levels. It can be obtained in many forms but a topical cream or gel would be best for what you want. You can apply directly to the clitoris or any non hair bearing area. Your gynecologist can prescribe this for you. You can have side effects of oily skin or increased hair growth and I have my patients adjust the dosage accordingly.

Endometriosis is not a contraindication for hormone replacement therapy and you might get good results from a topical estrogen cream to the area without the side effects of testosterone. You might want to try that first. I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Which would be quicker, and most effective to produce an enlarged clitoris, the estogen or the testosterone cream? And what would be the best strength for the purpose I am wanting to acheive?
Expert:  Dr.JBB replied 7 years ago.
Because of the potential side effects, i would try the estrogen first for a couple of weeks and see if it helps. If it doesn't, then you can try the testosterone. Your gynecologist can provide you with a percent cream or gel. This can be variable depending on it you use a compounding pharmacy. Remember that it didn't get that way overnight and it will take a few weeks to see a noticeable difference but you should see some improvement in a couple of weeks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you SO much!!! You are wonderful. I am very satisfied. I will use your service again. Thanks Dr. JBB
Expert:  Dr.JBB replied 7 years ago.
You are very welcome. Glad I could help.