Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have dull pain deep inside my vagina; the pain occasionally

I have dull pain deep inside my vagina; the pain occasionally moves down to my leg and crotch area, and at times feels around my ovaries. I just developed this pain 3 weeks ago. It is completely tolerable and doesn't bother me, but I want to know what it may be. 3 years ago I had a miscarriage and was told at the time i have an ovarian cyst.

Vaginal pain may be due to the, as you suggested, ovarian cyst, or vaginal infections ( yeast or bacterial infections).

Another possibility is nerve injury.

If you have nerve impingement at your lower back or perineal region, then it can cause pain radiating to your leg & crotch.

If the pain persists more than one more wk., then you need to see your doctor.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When self-examining I reached far deep into my vagina and felt the area that seemed to be if not the center of, then at least related to the pain, as it was hurting when i touched it, namely a certain area on the left-side wall. The pain is only on the left side of my body. Does it fit the picture of the possible diagnosis you suggest? The fishy smell is their as well, but this has been a problem with me for several years.

Yes, I will still suggest the above possibilities.

Although the fishy smell may be there for long time, sometimes, it may be due to bacterial vaginosis ( although you will not be able to differentiate).

But, neurological etiology as I suggested is a stron possibility if other causes are ruled out.