Dr Gully
Dr Gully, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology with 10 yrs+experience in private practice

i have bleeding from my vagina only see it when i wipe my vagina

i have bleeding from my vagina only see it when i wipe my vagina my lower back hurt
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Gully replied 7 years ago.
Hi! Generally there are a lot of potential reasons for bleeding from the vagina when you wipe. It may be there is a problem at the entry of the vagina such as an ulcer or urethral caruncle. You may be actually bleeding from the uterus but is is only light and visible when you wipe. You may have a lesion inside the vagina as well. Regardless, this is a good reason to be seen by your local gynecologist so they may do an exam for infection, ulcers, lesions or abnormal menstruation patterns amongst others. I hope this helps and best of luck!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
have one more question if my menstrual cycle was on around august 30th could i have another one now if my cycle is changing
Expert:  Dr Gully replied 7 years ago.
I usually like to use a period of time of approximately 3 months to assess if the cycles are changing or not. That being said, mid cycle bleeding in a woman over the age of 30 yrs old can merit further evaluation. That is especially if this has occurred a few times. Your gynecologist should be able to examine you and may need to order a pelvic ultrasound to ascertain what the lining of the uterus appears to be. You may have a polyp in the uterus or cervix that is bleeding for example.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thank you