Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

if you have a cottage cheese like discharge what does this

if you have a cottage cheese like discharge what does this mean?

A cottage cheese discharge is most characteristic of a yeast infection (YI). YI is caused by Candida, a normal inhabitant of the vagina. When woman are treated with antibiotics they can get a YI and it can occur when there is a change in vaginal pH or even diet, as well as with increased stress. These are easily treated with Vaginal YI can be treated with over the counter preparation like clotrimazole or miconazole. The 3 or 7 day preparation works best, XXXXX XXXXX you apply some cream to the outside of the vagina as well as inside the vagina.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

is it suppose 2 itchz?

Yes there may be itching which can be intense but some women do not have any, others experience burning.

Hope this helps. Don't forget to push the accept button for the answers given and so I can get credit for my time.