Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.

i just got off my period about a week ago, but today i am having

i just got off my period about a week ago, but today i am having cramps. I thought i maybe had to poo, but when i sat on the toilet and pushed i was bleeding again. I'm scared!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 7 years ago.

How old are you?

What kind of birth control method are you using?

Was your last period normal for you?

Is the bleeding continuing or was it just in the toilet?

Did you have a hard bowel movement (BM) with the bleeding?

Was the bleeding from the vagina or rectum?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 25. We are trying to concieve our 2nd child. We tried last month, but i started my period when i was scheduled, so i just assumed i wasnt pregnant. I started my period Aug. 12, it was normal. I thought it was done the 17 or 18th. Then yesterday i had a little brownish spotting, but today i am having cramps, and the bleeding was coming from my vagina and it was bright red.
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the additional information.

The menstrual cycle is sensitive to changes in our lives. Many things, such as change in weight, travel, stress, surgery and even change in diet and activity can affect it. These changes can cause a change in our hormones and can result in intermenstrual bleeding, an early or delay or even a missed period. Generally these changes resolve on their own.

That said, this bleeding and cramping may be due to a hormonal imbalance. The cramping is due to the flow of bleeding it should subside as the bleeding subsides. It is too early for implantation bleeding if you did ovulate this month. For now continue to observe.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.