DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

i have pain in my lower abdomen [bladder] after taking clomid

i have pain in my lower abdomen [bladder] after taking clomid i finished my last tablets on 28th june.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 7 years ago.

The lower abdominal pain has no relation with clomiphene citrate.The common side effects of clomiphene arehot flushes,nausea, vomiting,headache,visual symptoms.Ovarean hyper stimulation syndrome is rare with clomiphene

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
why would i be geting these pains then as in march i had the same and had a chemical pregnancy. could this be happening again.

Thanks for your reply

Ovulation occurs after 7 to 8 days of completion of clomiphene.The pain may be due to ovulation if felt during that time.If it is chemical pregnancy (miss carriaged) bleeding per vagina should be there.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ive had these pains for over 1week now and they are getting worse and when i sit down it feels like something is pushing down and is very painfull.

As you are having with pain more than one week and it is very severe you should attend ER for investigations and treatment .

It is not possible for any expert to give the diagnosis without examine rthe patient