Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

Hi, Im 46 and havent had my period in 2 months. In less then

Hi, Im 46 and havent had my period in 2 months. In less then 2 weeks im going on vacation and I dont want my period to come until after I get back. Is there a way to keep it from coming or is there away to make my period come now before vacation?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 7 years ago.
Since you haven't had a period for 2 months, that suggests that you haven't ovulated in that time. If that's true, you could take the pill for 5-7 days to bring on a period, and it would be over by the time you go on vacation. There is the possibility that you ovulated within the past 2 weeks. Ovulation is what brings on a period 2 weeks later. If that were true, your period would try to come 14 days after the ovulation, but taking the pill would probably cause it to delay until you finish the week, but you may have some spotting. Either way, you'll be done with your period by vacation time. Best wishes.