Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. with more than six years of experience in the field of Medical practice

Abnormal strong vaginal odor, kind of like vinegar or chlorine,

Abnormal strong vaginal odor, kind of like vinegar or chlorine, no other symtoms, why?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.

DearCustomer

Greetings and thank you for using justanswer,

what is your age?

how long are you having such vaginal odour?

Did you have any investigation or consulted a doctor yet?

Any associated fever, abdomen pain, discharge?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Dr.RK,

I have consulted a doctor and had all the STI tests (which all came back negative) but they didnt really seem very interested. I am 22 yrs old, it has probably been occuring for the past 5 months i guess, to the point where I can notice it the smell throughout the day (like sitting at my desk at work). I dont have any fever, abdomen pain, or pain in general. I'm not sure if I have discharge or not - what is normal and what is not? Maybe a little i guess, white in colour. And I am sexually active, no change in sex drive. I have the Implanon contraception bar in, I have had it for the past 2 yrs. I also take a multivitamin, liver detox, zinc and vitimin E tablet most days. Does this help?

Kind Regards, Z

Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.

DearCustomer

Thank you for the information,

As per your symptoms, there are some common causes of such vaginal odour.The common ones are bacterial vaginosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, cervical cancer, chlamydia, gonorrhea, foreign body, endometritis, etc.

Since you have already been tested negative for std infections so the chances are less.The likely possibility in you can be due to the bacterial vaginosis causing such symptoms.

The bacterial vaginosis is overgrowth of normal bacterial which are commonly found in vagina.The treatment is antibiotics and local antibiotics vaginal cream for some 7-10 days duration.

Please visit here for more information:

causes of foul vaginal odour

treatment of bacterial vaginosis

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!

Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S. with more than six years of experience in the field of Medical practice