BoardCertMD
BoardCertMD, Doctor
Experience:  This queston does not require expertise in women's health but can be addressed by a board certified
13024878

I have a small cut between my vagina and anus, its pretty

Customer Question

I have a small cut between my vagina and anus, it's pretty much right underneath my vagina. Every once and a while when I have sex with my boyfriend the cut opens up and it bleeds lightly, and burns
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  BoardCertMD replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

This most likely represents a fissure which is a small crack in the skin such as you might get on the edge of your lips. I would suggest getting over-the-counter cortisone ointment 1% and apply it to the area and that should allow it to heal.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for educational purposes only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor or establish a doctor patient relationship.