Dr. Saul
Dr. Saul, Doctor
Experience:  I am a board certified, practicing obstetrician gynecologist with many years of clinical experience.

I have been on Mirena since Feb, I started passing large blood

I have been on Mirena since Feb, I started passing large blood clots. In Feb I had a fibroid, of pathological significence found and 75% of it was removed as well as an ablation and mirena insertion. I had been travelling last week when I stared passing clots the size of my fist. Talked my way into a doctor's surgery and she put me on some tablets to stop the bleeding, continued on my journey then a day later spent the night in hospital, cannot see my gyno till next Monday(at a conference) am seeing my GP this afternoon. I have been on iron tablets since December and am no longer anaemic but still bleeding with occassional temp, still on tabets with moderate bleeding, am worried something is terribly wrong and am not getting proper help, am I in danger?

Thank you so much for your question. It is my privilege to be able to help you.

How heavy is the bleeding now? How high is the temp? Are the pills that you are on controlling the bleeding at all? Please answer these questions, I would love to help you. Dr. SaulJE

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My bleeding is moderate and bright red, I believe the Tranexamic Acid tablets have controlled it to some extent , temperatures mainly at night

Thanks for the additional information. It sounds like the procedure you had (the abalation, fibroid removal, and IUD insertion) has not worked at all to solve your problem. I would guess that the remianing 25% of the fibroid is now causing you this problem. It doesn't sound like you are in any imminent danger as the bleeding has slowed, but if the fevers become persistent and elevated above 100.4 degerees F, or if the bleeding becomes heavy again, you will need to see your doctor right away. For now, you can probably wait to see your gyn on Monday, and if I were you, I would be discussing with him/her getting a hysterectomy, asthe conservative measures you've already tried have failed, and you obviously have no future plans for pregnancy.

I hope this was helpful to you. If it was, please remember to ACCEPT the answer so i can get compensated for my work. if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. i am truly privileged to help you, and i want to make sure that you are satisfied with your answer. Good luck! Dr. SaulJE