DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

My mother just found this fluid like pocket under her arm pit.

My mother just found this fluid like pocket under her arm pit. She has not had breast cancer or does not have it, that we know of. She has been diagnosed with a severe case of low iron deficiency and her hemoglobin was really low. The cancer center here in Tuscaloosa, AL has put her on a real strong iron pill instead of doing the infusions. Is the fluid pocket related to any of this?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 7 years ago.

I think this is axillary lymph node(fluid pocket under armpit) If it is not associated with breast condition ,it may be due to lymphadenitis.The causes may be infection,lymphoma or blood cancer.As she is suffering from anemia go for a complete hemogram advised by a doctor and a fine needle aspiration biopsy of the lymph node.

Any doubt, please ask. Please pressACCEPT button if the answer satisfies you.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are highly appreciated.
This communication is not a substitute for doctor's visit.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
She is going to UAB/Birmingham, AL to have some kind of test done where she will swallow a capsule, wait 4-5 hours then x-ray her. The doctor said it was like taking a picture of her blood. Is that a hmogram?