Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  Experienced in maternity and women's health

I have random sharp pains on both sides of my body where my

I have random sharp pains on both sides of my body where my ovaries are located. Sometimes I'll bend over to grab something, or move in some certain way and the pain will occur. It's very sudden (less than a second) and about an 8 or 9 on the pain scale. It doesn't occur at any certain time within my menstrual cycle, very random. What could it be?

Since how long? Any other symptom? Any gastitris? bloating? How is urine? Any past illness? Any test ? Any treatment taken? Please mention your age.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
-About 2 years it started, this last year it's gotten worse
-I am 19
-One night I woke up with really sharp pain in the rectum and sides, couldn't lay on my back for awhile that night, that was a few months ago- had one other episode like that but it was less severe
-Mother, aunt and grandmother all had cysts
-no testing
-I have yearly check-up's but it was only this year I felt it was neccessary to mention, got worse
-Urine is fine color wise, I go often then normal I think
-No past illnesses
-On birth control
Thank you for the input.

The pain on both side of the abdomen near the ovary area which aggravates on movement is most probably due to gas pain. You have the family history of ovarian cyst. Ovarian cyst can have pain but cyst on both side is less common. Small cyst can not give pain with movement unless it is very large. Though your urine is good, but frequency is more, you should have a check to exclude any kidney disease which give pain in that area too. An ultrasonogram can exclude both. You can take OTC gas X and avoid fried food, tea, coffee alcohol to see whether it helps. It will need a consultation with doctor for examination and investigation to get the precise diagnosis.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please ask.