Dr Patty
Dr Patty, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  OB/GYN 35 years of practice including teaching, pregnancy & GYN issues
13332852

is albolene safe to use for vaginal lubricant

Customer Question

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Patty replied 7 years ago.
This product is only meant for facial use- not as a vaginal lubricant. There are plenty of vaginal lubrcants on the market, with KY being the most widely used.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I hvae read on countless websites that although Albolene is marketed as a facial cleanser, it is indeed safe to use as a vaginal lubricant.

Perhaps a little more research into the ingredients and comparison to the ingredients in KY is warranted.
Expert:  Dr Patty replied 7 years ago.
This product is not approved by the FDA for vaginal use- only for facial use so I would not use is as a lubricant. There have been no studies done to determine safety other than for facial use.