Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  MD, trained in women's health issues, gyn and obstetrics, during residency

why do I get fluttering in my Uterus

why do I get fluttering in my Uterus
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr PG (M.D.) replied 7 years ago.
   Can you give some more information-
- kindly specify your age?
- are you on any medicines?
- are your periods regular?
- any other symptoms?
- do you feel pain, discomfort etc?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 41 years old with regular periods. I am not on any medications or birth control. I don't believe I am pregnant(although I am trying). My period should start this weekend. I have been off of the pill for appx. 8 months after a continuous 10 year use. The fluttering uterus started 2 months ago. The fluttering is not painful just irritating. Sometimes my uterus will ache a little.
Thanks for the information.
The most common cause of feeling of fluttering in uterus is pregnancy. But since that is negative in your case, the other possibilities are -
- sometimes one gets fluttering before of after periods. The uterus contracts to expel the blood clots during periods, which can cause fluttering.
- growths like polys or fibroids in the uterus can cause this sensation and mild hormonal imbalance can also be one cause.
If the fluttering persists in the next few days or intensifies then you need to consult your doctor for a detailed evaluation.