Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine

why does my nipples stay hard and very sensitive t touch

No Comment Added
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 years ago.
Since how long have you had this?

WHat is your age?

When does this hardness come about, does it come spontaneously? How long does it stay?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
about a week my age i just turned 56 on the 28th. they just stick out and is very hard all day
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I haven't received your answer yet, its been several hours since I contacted you, waiting on your response thank you
Sorry for the delay, I had gone offline.

Nipple erection is usually not much of a problem. It is one of the random phases that the body goes through and is usually without an identifiable cause.

However, rarely, it may be caused by an hormonal imbalance. It may also be caused by a local inflammation around the area of the nipples such as blockage of an oil duct, etc. Even more rarely, it may be associated with breast diseases like fibrocystic disease.

You should have it checked up by a gynae. It does not usually signify a major problem, but it is necessary to get it checked up.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.