Dr Heal
Dr Heal, Doctor
Experience:  B.A.M.S with 10 years of experience
11859556

Can someone who had tubal ligation done get artificial insemination

Can someone who had tubal ligation done get artificial insemination done?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 5 years ago.

Dear Jodee 1972,

When was tubal ligation done? When was it removed? Have you checked on any ovulation after removal of the ligation? Why do you think of artificial insemination if you are having ovulation?

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It was done after i had my last son in 2005. No i have not checked for any ovulation after it was done.My fiance told me to check on artificial insemination because he isnt sure that he is as fertile as he used to be because of things that have happened to him. When my doctor got the paper on how my surgery was done, he said that they were just cut and burnt; not a piece taken out like he would have done if he would have done it himself.I dont know if that makes a difference or not but i thought i should mention it. My fiance and i really want more kids and we are trying every option to make it happen.
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 5 years ago.

Dear Jodee1972,

Even if you are considering donor semen your ovum is required for it to fertilise it after being implanted in you. For this the fallopian tube has to be patent to take this sperm all thru to reach an egg or ovum to fertilise and make it grow further by implantation. For this your tubal ligation reversal has to be performed and its better done at a Fertility Clinic which specialises in such procedures and its costly affair.

If you also would not like to get a tubal ligation reversal done then your Gynaec can draw a ovum from your body and fertilise it with a donor sperm in the lab and then later implant that in your womb to grow. This is called as test tube method commonly.

In cases where there has been a tubal cautery is done reversal procedures have yielded less results or success rates. So artificial insemination by taking out one of your eggs and if possible taking your husbands sperm is the best option as thats having a better success rates. Take care and discuss with your doctor.

For some more on a clinic which gives support services in AI please read through -

http://www.empowereddoctor.com/doctor_index_1440.html .

with healthiest regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does that mean that i can have my egg fertilized by my fiance and then have it injected into my womb to grow?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I really need to know what way would be best for us especially when we dont have alot of money and no insurance that will cover it.Where can this be done at?
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 5 years ago.

Dear Jodee 1972,

You can get your egg fertilised using the sperm from your husband if he is having viable one's. This would be the best as it will be "Your own" and no need for a "Donor". Money is a thing that you have to find ways based on the Clinic that you select. The link that I gave you has many such centre's listed and you can check and discuss locally.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So basically the way for us to go is to have my egg fertilized by my fiance and then have it injected into my womb?If we do it this way is there any chance of us having twins?Does this mean i wouldnt have to get the tubal reversal done to have a baby with him? Do you have any idea how much this would cost to have done?..even if you could give me a rough estimate of how much it would cost.
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 5 years ago.

Dear Jodee 1972,

No. In IVF there is actually no need for tubal reversal if you are getting outside fertilisation effected and the viable conception placed inside your womb. Cost as I said would depend from Clinic to Clinic. Basically so far we have not exchanged data on exactly from which state you are from. That can help me in advising a bit more specifically. Twins can not happen when there are more than one embryo placed inside your womb. It is not a chance but a planned one. You can plan for twins too but there is no risk in having twins at one go but you need to look in to factors like your age, your endometrial condition etc while planning this. Its better that your Gynaec suggests you on its viability. Take care.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I live in Pennsylvania. So twins can be a possibility or not? We would really like to have twins if that is possible.
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 5 years ago.

Dear Jodee 1972,

Please check at - http://www.locateadoc.com/doctors/infertility/pennsylvania.html to zero-in on a clinic / doctor near to your place.

Twins can be a possibility but subject to many conditions like your age, endometrial condition and your general health - so its better advised by the specialist who see's you. Take care and Good luck.

with healthiest regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Dr Heal, Doctor
Experience: B.A.M.S with 10 years of experience